History of our Building: Our museum was originally the Bank of Victoria bank chambers and manager’s residence, which opened in 1892. It remained a bank (under different names – CBC, National Bank) until the NAB relocated to another location in the main street. The Shire of Numurkah then bought the building (with the financial support from local funds) in 1988 for the sole purpose of housing the Numurkah Historical Society Museum.

What's in the Museum: As well as many local and general artefacts on permanent display, we also regularly change our "Themed Displays" in the main room. In addition to the displays we have many records, photos and books which are used to support history research inquiries from the public.